Located within the University of Wollongong grounds, we have been teaching children to swim for over 25 years opening in 1990. We provide quality swimming programs by focusing on swimmers stroke technique with small class sizes. Operating out of a heated 50m outdoor pool, we cater for children from 3yrs of age onwards.
UniActive is a registered provider of the Active Kids Program. Redeem your voucher for programs of 8 weeks or more. Terms and conditions apply.
We are proud to be a Swim Australia and Austswim registered Swim School. All of our teachers hold a minimum qualification of:
- Swim Australia or Austswim Teacher of Water Safety
- CPR, with additional qualifications including:
- Senior first aid
We are thankful for our connection to New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) and are proud to be a venue for the National Talent Identification and Development program (NTID).
We currently offer the following programs:
- Learn to Swim
- Stroke Development
- Junior Squads
- Holiday Intensive
- Adult Learn to Swim & Stroke Correction
- School Groups
Lessons operate on the following days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30pm - 6.00pm
- Saturday morning from 8:30am - 12.00pm
- Monday (junior squads only) - 4.00pm - 5.30pm
Key Dates 2018
- Term 1 - Monday 29th January to Saturday 14th April 2018 (an 11 week term)
- Term 2 - Monday 30th April to Saturday 7th July 2018 (10 week term) *
- Term 3 - Monday 23rd July to Saturday 29th September 2018 (10 week term)*
- Term 4 - Monday 15th October to Saturday 8th December 2018 (8 week term)
*Dates to be confirmed.
Holiday Intensive Programs:
- Summer Intensive Week 1 - Monday 8th January to Friday 12th January 2018
- Summer Intensive Week 2 - Monday 15th January to Friday 19th January 2018
- Summer Intensive Week 3 - Monday 22nd January to Thursday 25th January 2018
- Autumn Intensive - Monday 16th April to Friday 20th April 2018
- Spring Intensive - Monday 8th October to Friday 12th October 2018
Lessons will still run if it is raining. They will only be cancelled if there is lightning and we will inform you via text message if this is the case.
You will either be provided with a make-up lesson or a credit if the lesson is cancelled by UniActive. If you choose to not come to a lesson due to wet weather or temperature you will not receive a make-up lesson.
Learn to Swim : $15 per class
Squads: $13 per class
Classes are booked per term (based on NSW school terms). Full term payment is required to secure booking.
Special offer: 50% discount for third child (must be from the same family).
Call Us: Please call (02) 4221 4194 during operating hours .
Email Us: We can quickly answer your questions via our email email@example.com.