Located within the University of Wollongong grounds, we have been teaching children to swim for over 25 years opening in 1990. We provide quality swimming programs by focusing on swimmers stroke technique with small class sizes. Operating out of a heated 50m outdoor pool, we cater for children from 3yrs of age onwards.
UniActive is a registered provider of the Active Kids Program. Redeem your voucher for programs of 8 weeks or more. Terms and conditions apply.
We are proud to be a Swim Australia and Austswim registered Swim School. All of our teachers hold a minimum qualification of:
- Swim Australia or Austswim Teacher of Water Safety
- CPR, with additional qualifications including:
- Senior first aid
We are thankful for our connection to New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) and are proud to be a venue for the National Talent Identification and Development program (NTID).
We currently offer the following programs:
- Learn to Swim
- Stroke Development
- Junior Squads
- Holiday Intensive
- Adult Learn to Swim & Stroke Correction
- School Groups
Lessons operate on the following days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 3:30pm - 6.00pm
- Saturday morning from 8:30am - 12.00pm
- Monday (junior squads only) - 4.00pm - 5.30pm
Key Dates 2019
- Term 1 - Tuesday 29th January to Saturday 13th April 2019 (10 and 11 week term)
- Term 2 - Monday 29th April to Saturday 6th July 2019 (10 week term) *
- Term 3 - Monday 22nd July to Saturday 28th September 2019 (10 week term)*
- Term 4 - Monday 15th October to Saturday 21st December 2019 (10 week term)
*Dates to be confirmed.
Holiday Intensive Programs:
- Summer Intensive Week 1 - Monday 14th January to Friday 17th January 2019
- Summer Intensive Week 2 - Monday 21st January to Friday 25th January 2019
Lessons will still run if it is raining. They will only be cancelled if there is lightning and we will inform you via text message if this is the case.
You will either be provided with a make-up lesson or a credit if the lesson is cancelled by UniActive. If you choose to not come to a lesson due to wet weather or temperature you will not receive a make-up lesson.
Learn to Swim : $15 per class
Squads: $13 per class
Classes are booked per term (based on NSW school terms). Full term payment is required to secure booking.
Special offer: 50% discount for third child (must be from the same family).
Call Us: Please call (02) 4221 4194 during operating hours .
Email Us: We can quickly answer your questions via our email firstname.lastname@example.org.